Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sweet Home Alabama

Ok, so the title isn't exactly right but that was a close as I could come to a song about the South! You get the idea...

Hello from Switzerland! It has been awhile since my last blog posting and I had some new pictures to share with you along with my recent travel adventures!

Keeping this up to date and replying to a bazillion emails has taken a lot more time that I had originally though...my apologies if you haven't heard from me in awhile.

The big news on this side of the ocean is that I have decided to come back to Atlanta for good starting in late June/early July. Living abroad has been quite an experience but I am ready to put away my suitcase for awhile and resettle in Atlanta. Being away for the past several months has made me realize just much I miss all of you and that Atlanta is where I want to be.

I have to give other expats out there credit...living abroad isn't easy. I've been here for seven months now and I still can only speak VERY basic Italian and have to rely on others to help me do the basics things in life like making a doctors or even a hair cut appointment. It is almost like learning to do everything all over again. I don't regret my decision to live abroad because if I hadn't at least tried it, I think I would have always wondered what it it would have been like if I did. Now I know...

Knowing now that I am definitely coming back, I am trying to travel as much as possible and see everything that I can. I recently went to Venice for Carnival and was amazed by how beautiful the essentially floating city was. The city was alive with people dressed up like the pictures that I posted...honestly, they were a bit errie! It is a great city for wandering and exploring...you never know what you will find around the next corner!

Other trips include a Paris weekend with my work friend Christina (also from the ATL...we make southern food togeter and talk about the South when we are homesick). I am taking a shortened recruiting trip to Switzerland next week and will be back in Rome the following week for more school visits. This will probably be my last trip down to Rome, so I am making plans to definitely see the Sistine Chapel on this trip! I will be stopping in Florence, Siena, Pisa and Assisi on the way back to experience some of the Italian countryside.

The rest of the spring is busy with visits from friends and family and other work activities. I will be traveling back to the States for some recruiting on the east coast in late April and early May and then hopefully travling around Europe with my family in mid-May. More adventures and pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment